Treat Mom to something special this Mother’s Day, and celebrate with the delicious and popular brunch buffet at Prairie Grass Cafe (601 Skokie Blvd.; Northbrook, IL; 847-205-4433) from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, May 8. The buffet is $48 per adult and $18 per child age 10 and under (tax, gratuity, and beverage not included). Dinner specials will be offered in addition to Prairie Grass Cafe’s regular dinner menu.
Every guest will begin the feast with the Signature “PGC Benedict,” a poached egg with spinach and roasted tomato hollandaise. Then it’s on to the bountiful brunch buffet, filled with delectable spring-time favorites such as Grilled Asparagus with a lemon cream sauce and sliced radishes, an Albacore Tuna Nicoise Salad, and Crispy Lamb Rolls with a Greek yogurt sauce.
Brunch classics will also be featured at the waffle, crepe, and omelet stations. The dessert buffet is the sweet finale and includes Chef Sarah Stegner’s “Mom’s Fruit Cream Pie.”
Mother’s day evening specials include: “Cedar River” Prime Filet (8oz) with Sautéed Potatoes and Green-Garlic Chives $45 and Wild Striped Bass with Warm Pesto Asparagus & “Mighty Vine” Tomato Salad $36.
For Mother’s Day Brunch and dinner reservations, call 847-205-4433.
About Prairie Grass Cafe
Mother’s Day Brunch Menu
May 8th, 2016, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
(tax, gratuity and beverage not included)
Every guests starts with our Signature “PGC Benedict” Poached Egg with Spinach, and Roasted Tomato Hollandaise
- Platter of Grilled Asparagus; Lemon Cream Sauce and Sliced Radishes
- Pasta Salad with Watercress Pesto, Peas, Ham
- Albacore Tuna Nicoise Salad – Boiled Potatoes, Eggs, Olives, “Mighty Vine” Tomatoes, Green Beans
- Caesar Salad – Romaine, Our Homemade Dressing, Croutons and Shaved Parmesan
- Fresh Housemade Farmer’s Cheese Black Mission Fig Jam with Balsamic Reduction and Nuts
- Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- Sauteed Arctic Char with Caper Sauce
- Braised BBQ Brisket with Mirepoix of Vegetables
- Mashed Potatoes / Broccolini
- Crispy Lamb Rolls with Greek Yogurt Sauce
- Smoked Salmon Spread with Pumpernickel Baguette
- Crusty Multi Grain Artisan Breads, Mini Chocolate Croissants, Cheese Danish, Raspberry Jam Danish, Sticky Pecan Rolls
- Applewood Smoked “Maple Creek Farm” Bacon
- Homemade Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Roasted All-Natural New York Loin with Mushroom Sauce – Carved to Order
- Hot Fresh Waffle Station with Maple Syrup
- “Made to order” Omelet Station: “River Valley Ranch” mushrooms, onions, peppers, ham, spinach, cheddar, tomatoes
- • Crepe Station with Apple Butter, Chocolate, Raspberry Jam and Whipped Cream
- • Fresh Sliced Ripe Fruit
- • Platter of Berries
- • Double Chocolate Cup Cakes with Butter Cream Icing
- • Mom’s Fruit Cream Pie
- • Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble
- • Mini Cream Filled Eclairs
Mother’s Day Dinner Specials
- “Cedar River” Prime Filet (8oz) with Sautéed Potatoes and Green-Garlic Chives $45
- Wild Striped Bass with Warm Pesto Asparagus & “Mighty Vine” Tomato Salad $36
- The regular dinner menu also will be available.